Friday, December 26, 2008

Endangered Species Series

Here are five paintings I did for the Endangered Species Series I, which will eventually be included in a book about endangered species. I'm selling limited edition giclées (high resolution reproductions) at Lakeview Art Supply in Chicago. A percentage of the profit earned from the sales of the series will be donated to the nonprofit organization SavingSpecies.org, created by Dr. Stuart L. Pimm, 2006 winner of the Heineken Prize for Environmental Sciences, the Nobel of the ecology world. SavingsSpecies.org uses donated funds for the conservation of land to mitigate the destruction of the natural habitats of endangered species.


Amy A. Rudberg. Asian Elephant. Endangered
Species Series I. 2008. Ink, watercolor, gouache
on watercolor paper, 12" x 16".



Amy A. Rudberg. Bengal Tiger. Endangered
Species Series I. Ink, watercolor, gouache
on watercolor paper, 12" x 16".



Amy A. Rudberg. Black Rhinocerous. Endangered
Species Series I. Ink, watercolor, gouache
on watercolor paper, 12" x 16".



Amy A. Rudberg. Giant Panda. Endangered
Species Series I. Ink, watercolor, gouache
on watercolor paper, 12" x 16".



Amy A. Rudberg. Western Lowland Gorilla.
Endangered Species Series I. Ink, watercolor,
gouache on watercolor paper, 12" x 16".

2 comments:

krud said...

Really like the elephant, wonderful. The colors are bright, happy, yet used well to illustrate a very serious subject. Your art helps the viewer to access the difficult subject of endangered species more readily.

Amy A. Rudberg said...

Thanks for your comment krud. I plan to have more paintings for the series this year.